From wildly successful transmedia serial writer to internationally published author, this week’s guest on The Writer Files — Michelle Miller — has tapped into her former life in high finance to create a hit franchise in The Underwriting.
Billed as social satire, Ms. Miller’s original 12-part serial drew angel investors that helped her build it into a viral, multimedia maelstrom.
Her marriage of the cutthroat worlds of both investment banking and tech landed her a traditional publishing deal, and her debut novel is now being developed into a television series.
Tune in to this two-part interview.
If you missed the first half, you can find it here: How Michelle Miller (Writer and Producer of ‘The Underwriting’) Writes: Part One
In Part Two of the file, host Kelton Reid and Michelle Miller discuss:
- The slippery definition of “creativity”
- How curiosity and authenticity are essential to great writing
- Why you need to be cool … like a cucumber
- Shakespeare’s renewed social relevance … on The Writer Files
- How traveling creates a vulnerability that can open your mind
The Writer Files on iTunes
The post How Michelle Miller (Writer and Producer of ‘The Underwriting’) Writes: Part Two appeared first on Copyblogger.