New media pioneer and entrepreneur Darren Rowse — creator of both Digital Photography School and ProBlogger — joined Kelton Reid to chat about the opportunities that 13 years of blogging have provided, his new podcast, and the importance of having the right mindset as a writer.
This sage blogging veteran and educator has blazed an inspiring path for enterprising online publishers.
His step-by-step blog series — 31 Days to Build a Better Blog — went from zero to viable business in no time, and now it’s a podcast every content creator can listen to … for free.
In this file, host Kelton Reid and Darren Rowse discuss:
- Why you should write like you talk
- How a book deal was born from a blog series
- How writing offline can boost your word count
- The three types of writer’s block all bloggers eventually face
- How public accountability can light a fire under your ass
- Why you need a balance between dreaming and doing
- How to get the maximum impact from your writing
The Writer Files on iTunes