Say you write a book and it takes off online. What if it then turned into a mega-hit … say the movie rights were sold to a Hollywood studio and Matt Damon was cast to star in it?
Don’t believe it can happen? Listen to this …
This is Andy Weir’s story, and in this podcast he explains exactly how it happened.
Oh, and you should go read his book, The Martian; it’s really great.
In this episode of Authorpreneur, host Jim Kukral and Andy Weir discuss:
- How in the heck Andy was able to make The Martian into something so big
- How he negotiated his book publishing rights and his film options
- The story of how he first got his writing noticed online
- What it feels like to learn Matt Damon is starring as a character he invented
- His long-term plans for writing more books and living as a full-time author
Authorpreneur on iTunes
The post How Andy Weir Took ‘The Martian’ from Blog to Bestseller to Blockbuster Movie (Starring Matt Damon) appeared first on Copyblogger.