We all long for something. Love that will last. The ability to influence people. Scenic vacations. Financial independence. Less anxiety. Copywriters call these “mass desires.”
And copywriting that actually works connects your product to one of these mass desires.
When that is done — when you’ve convinced your prospects that you can satisfy their desires — then people will not only fall in love with and buy your products, they will become unstoppable evangelists as well.
But that all depends on whether or not you choose the strongest desire.
In this 10-minute episode of Rough Draft with Demian Farnworth, you’ll discover:
- Why Demian would tap into the migraine sufferer’s desire for a cure before the hangover sufferer’s
- A common pitfall copywriters fall into when it comes to desire
- Why you want to avoid writing for products with low degrees of duration
- Why you don’t need the general population to love your product (just this one particular group)
- The “mass desire” problem with a product like the Segway PT
- What mass desire Olive & Cocoa tapped into with their leather tire gauge (it’s not what you think)
Rough Draft on iTunes
The post Want Copy That Actually Works? Start with Mass Desire appeared first on Copyblogger.